Bellwood gets ready to face Central on Youth Night

Morgan Kienzle
B-A faces a tall task tonight against undefeated Central.

Tonight, the Bellwood-Antis Blue Devils will take on the Central Dragons at home. Central is currently ranked #1 overall in the Laurel Highlands Athletic Conference with 3 wins and no losses, while Bellwood is in a complete opposite situation with no wins and 3 losses.

The game will be packed with lots of extra events outside of what takes place between the lines. Tonight is Youth Night, when members of the Bellwood-Antis Youth Football league teams and cheerleading squads are recognized. There will also be a special ceremony at halftime to honor the 20th anniversary of the Blue Devil baseball team winning the state championship in 2003.

On top of that, the game is being broadcast live by WJAC TV.

The Blue devils are coming off a tough 41-16 loss at Huntingdon last week. Meanwhile, the Dragons just murdered the Tyrone Golden Eagles 42-7.

Central’s offense is going to be difficult to stop. In just 3 games so far this year, they have already put up 138 points. They have put the mercy rule on every team they have played.

The Dragons’ defense is also going to be tough to get around as they have only let up a combined 13 points this year.

This has been a rough season so far, and the Blue Devils are just looking to put some wins on the board. Senior Josh Dorminy says, “This is going to be a difficult game to pull out. We all just need to work together, do our jobs, and stay positive. If we can do all that, a win could come our way.”

Bellwood will look to clean some things up tonight and come out with their first win.