Athlete of the Week: Carter Clabaugh

Terry McCaulley
Carter Clabaugh is a three-sport athlete coming up in the middle school.

This week’s Athlete of the Week is 5th grader, Carter Clabaugh. Carter is a three-sport athlete who plays football, basketball, and baseball.

Carter began playing football when he was seven years old, and he is currently playing in the Bellwood-Antis Youth Football league as a linebacker and fullback. He says his favorite part of football is hitting.

This football season, Carter was selected to play in the youth football all-star game against players from Tyrone at Gray-Veterans Memorial Field on November 5. In the game, Carter recorded 15 tackles and an interception, along with 62 yards on offense. He set up a touchdown in the second quarter with a long run.

Being selected to the all-star game is an honor and is a testament to the player that Carter is.

“It was a really cool experience that I’ll never forget,” says Carter.

Although Carter still has a year of youth football remaining, he is exited and looks forward to being able to play at the varsity level. When asked what he most looks forward to, he said, “Being able to play in front of more people.”

Congratulations Carter on being the Blueprint’s Athlete of the Week.