LHAC names fall all-conference all stars

Morgan Kienzle
Alex McCartney capped an outstanding freshman season by being named to to LHAC all stars first team.

The Laurel Highlands Athletic Conference named fall all-conference all stars over the weekend. Bellwood had 7 athletes making the list.

Five of the athletes were named to all conference east division of the Laurel Highlands for football.

Senior Chance Schrier was named to the first team all star offense as a tight end. Chance had a total of 99 yards on 8 receptions and 4 touchdowns. On the defensive side he had a total of 61 tackles 9 of which were for loss and 2 interceptions.

Jordan Hescox led B-A in tackling in 2023 and was named to the LHAC all-star team as a linebacker.

Freshman Alex McCartney earned a spot on the first team offense as a running back. Alex had a monstrous season his freshman year totaling 1162 yards on 215 carries for 12 touchdowns. Alex led the team in rushing yards averaging 116.2 yards a game. He also contributed 20 yards on 3 receptions.

On the defensive side seniors Josh Dorminy and Jordan Hescox got the nominations.

Josh Dorminy was named to the first team defense as a punter. Josh totaled 1174 yards as a punter. He was ranked 1st in 2A as a punter and ranked 8th in Pennsylvania. Josh also contributed 131 receiving yards for 2 touchdowns on the offensive side and 21 total tackles and 1 interception on the defensive side.

Jordan Hescox was named to the second team defense as a linebacker. Jordan totaled for 94 tackles for which 12 of were for loss. On the offensive side he had 74 yards on 20 carries and 1 reception for 22 yards.

Sophomore Christian Jennings was named as a defensive honorable mention. Christian had 42 tackles and 2 of which were for loss.

The two athletes named to other sports were Addy Turek and Ethan Johnston

Addy Turek was the lone volleyball player to be named to an all conference team. Addy made the second team as a hitter. She had 209 total kills, contributed 30 service points, and had 69 blocks.

Ethan Johnston was named as a first team all star for golf. Ethan led the team in scoring average by having an average of 79.4 with a low score of 75, and he placed T-6 in the LHAC Championship.