Law class holds mock trials
Priced out of playing

Priced out of playing

April 26, 2024

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

April 26, 2024

Student teacher support program launches in Pennsylvania

April 26, 2024

Coaches Spotlight: Mr. Hunter

Anthony Caracciolo
Mr. Hunter is in his second season as coach of the cross country team.

Mr. Connor Hunter is a middle school math teacher and the head coach for the cross country team at Bellwood. Last year was Mr. Hunter’s first year as head coach, but he has been an assistant coach for three years as well.

In 2011, Mr. Hunter graduated from Bellwood, and went on tot a Christian college in Ohio called Cedarville University. He majored in math education and minored in Bible. 

Before Bellwood, Mr. Hunter has coached at other schools, but he says, “I love Bellwood and never plan to leave!”

Mr. Hunter has a passion for running and a passion for the school. He became a coach because he wanted to make a positive impact on the students in Bellwood. When Mr.

I have a passion for running and want to share that passion with my students,” he said. “I also love games and having fun, and I wanted to try to make the sport as fun as possible.” 

The cross country team’s motto this year is “Rise as One”. Mr. Hunter says that the meaning of this motto is the team will rise to every challenge that comes their way, and they will do their best while supporting their teammates however possible. His favorite part of coaching is to see his athletes succeed and always improve.  

“I love seeing the look on an athlete’s face when they realize they just ran their personal best time,” Mr. Hunter said. “I never was the fastest runner, but this sport isn’t about being the fastest. It’s simply about being better than the person you were the day before.”

Mr. Hunter recently got married and says that is one of his greatest achievements in life. Apart from that, Mr. Hunter said that some of his other biggest joys in life are, “getting to help in the ministry at Camp Kanesatake and getting to see my students follow their dreams.” 

Good luck to Mr. Hunter and the cross country team on their season.