FFA students heading to PA Farm Show

Mr. Webreck will be taking his FFA students to the Farm Show in Harrisburg Monday.

On January 12, 2015 the Bellwood-Antis High School agricultural classes will be attending the 2015 Pennsylvania Farm Show.

The show will be taking place in the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center, North Cameron and Maclay Streets, Harrisburg, PA.

At the farm show, visitors have the opportunity to search for 24 markers throughout the complex to be a part of the PHMC Historical Marker Scavenger Hunt.

“We go each year to see the different agriculture stuff, and it is the largest indoor agriculture exhibition in the United States. When we attend, we learn about more agriculture and meet new people. It’s a really good experience for everyone,” said Bellwood-Antis Agriculture teacher Mr. Webreck.

Another exciting activity going on at the PA Farm Show is the Farm Show Detective Learning Stations.  With maps to guide the participants, they will be able to go through the farm show in a fun and interactive way.

At the show, there will be various activities such as carriage racing, rodeos, square dancing, dairy showmanship, horse pulling, horse logging, Jr. Beef Breeding, longhorn judging, rabbit shows, horse shoe pitching, and so much more.

“I want to go and get my FFA jacket,” said freshman Braden Nelson, who is eligible to receive a jacket at the show after entering a writing contest.

“I just want to go and see the animals,” said freshman Christina Langenbacher.