Priced out of playing
BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

April 26, 2024

Student teacher support program launches in Pennsylvania

April 26, 2024

Featured Alumni: Sidney Patterson

Featured Alumni: Sidney Patterson

April 26, 2024

Bellwood community member donates funds to our nurses office

Morgan Kienzle
Last week, Mrs. Dorothy Conrad donated money to the high school nurse’s office. On hand for the presentation of the check were (l to r): Middle School Principal Donald Wagner, Mrs. Conrad, High School Principal Richard Schreier, Nurse Kelly Hoover, and Superintendent Edward DiSabato.

On December 12, a Bellwood community member donated funds to the Bellwood-Antis High School nurse’s office.

Calvary Baptist church member Mrs. Dorothy Conrad contributed $165 dollars to Nurse Kelly Hoover’s office, and several officials from the district were there to recognize the occasion.

According to Mrs. Hoover, the donation will be used for personal hygiene, clothing, coats, sweatshirts, socks, and more. The office frequently provides items like those to students who are in need.

Superintendent Edward DiSabato, High School Principal Richard Schreier, and Middle School Principal Donald Wagner were on hand when Mrs. Conrad presented her check.

“We knew there was need in our community, and both boys and girls both have things that they need,” Mrs. Conrad said. “I knew that Mrs. Hoover knows all the kids at school and she could help them out.”

Nurse Hoover said it is always nice to have the community members think about the student needs with donations.

“We are forever grateful for Dorothy Conrad and her Church for donating money to the nurse office to be used for students necessities ,” she said.