FCA cereal drive closes

Photo courtesy of Nick Lovrich
FCA officers travelled to the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry to drop of 933 boxes of cereal donated through their annual cereal drive. Members present included: (l to r) Miranda Tornatore, Corry Shanafelt, Ava Kensinger, and Olivia Hess.

The annual cereal drive through B-A’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes closed with a total of [960] boxes being donated to the Saint Vincent de Paul food pantry. The elementary, middle, and high school combined their efforts to achieve that amount. 

FCA advisor, Mr. Nick Lovrich, along with four members of the group, drove to deliver the cereal boxes to the food pantry on Wednesday morning. The 933 boxes were unloaded off of a truck and transferred onto carts. 

St. Vincent de Paul is able to serve over one thousand people each month, so the efforts from B-A students, faculty, and community members, were able to contribute to that pursuit.

“I like the cereal drive because it not only is a fun competition in school, but also a very helpful way to get food to the people in need,” quoted Corry Shanafelt, FCA president. 

Along with donations from students, FCA also benefitted from the work of sophomore Amyra Snyder, who along with her parents collected cereal boxes at local Greystones.