ARTIST OF THE WEEK: Rebecca Brown

Kate Wallace
Rebecca Brown’s love for art has earned her a spot as Artist of the Week!

This week’s Artist of the Week is Rebecca Brown, who has taken her love for her family and put it into her artwork.

Rebecca is a senior at Bellwood-Antis and partakes in two separate art classes. She enjoys practicing different art mediums such as painting and drawing along with listening to music.

Rebecca has just finished up a watercolor project for her Ceramics and Painting class, and is currently working on sculpting a clay whistle for her Art Appreciation class.

Rebecca created a portrait of her dog Cleveland Brown for her art class. (Kate Wallace)

”I love that art allows you to be creative,” stated Rebecca on her favorite aspect of the arts.

Her watercolor project was a multimedia piece, utilizing cut-up watercolor paper placed together to form a picture of her dog, Cleveland Brown.

Rebecca states she wants to excel in the arts to make her family proud, and therefore will be pursuing graphic designing after high school and pursing the field from there.

”Don’t let people’s opinions and judgement be the reason to stop doing what you love,” said Rebecca as she gave advice to other students who want to pursue the arts.

Good luck Rebecca!