Artist of the Week: Jayden Bartlebaugh

Kate Wallace
Jayden Bartlebaugh loves to draw in his free time, making him this weeks Artist of the Week!

This week’s Artist of the Week is Jayden Bartlebaugh, who enjoys spending his free time drawing mind-boggling surrealistic pieces.

Jayden’s most recent skeleton piece. (Kate Wallace)

Jayden is a senior at Bellwood-Antis and partakes in track and field and French Club, and enjoys playing guitar and video games in his free time.

Currently, Jayden is working on a side portrait of a skeleton in a very fancy frame.

“My favorite thing is how versatile art is, and that you can create anything from nothing,” commented Jayden. He stated his favorite art style is either surrealism or neo-surrealism.

Jayden feels his biggest accomplishment in the arts has been his improvement over the years. He is proud of how his art style he has become unique to him.

”My main motivation for doing art is the meditative feeling it gives me,” stated Jayden. “When I draw, my brain goes quiet and I can think clearly.”

Jayden wants beginner artists to know that the key to art is to just start drawing all the time, no matter if it looks absolutely horrible at first. Practice makes perfect according to Jayden, so just keep drawing!

After high school, Jayden plans to pursue a career in physics and hopes to obtain a PHD. He also plans to continue drawing in the future, “It helps me reset.”

Good luck Jayden!