Laycee Clark: Making the trek to Penn Tech

College Bound Q&A

Laycee Clark

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Clark: I was accepted into the Pennsylvania College of Technology.

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Clark: I applied to two colleges: Frostburg University and the Pennsylvania College of Technology.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Clark: I applied after I went on a campus tour. The campus was easy to get around and the student representatives were really nice. It has a good reputation for academics, and it gives me the opportunity to play softball as well.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Clark: I intend to major in surgical technology.

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

Clark: I chose this major because I like the idea of being in an operating room, but I’m unsure if I could be the one to actually perform the surgery.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Clark: I think the work will be much harder, but a more laid-back schedule will help with it all. I don’t foresee myself having eight classes back-to-back everyday like I do now.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Clark: I will miss the teachers and students that I have become close to, but I am eagerly anticipating moving on and becoming more independent.

The Pennsylvania College of Technology is mostly known for its largest program, nursing. Located in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, the PCT has 1,710 students that live on campus and over 100 different majors to choose from. 3:1 hours of lab time to lecture time makes the Pennsylvania College of Technology above average when it comes to student involvement.