National Candy Corn Day

Myranda Mamat

More stories from Myranda Mamat

Ethan McGee and Noah D’Angelo are two students liable to overdo it when it comes to candy corn.

This Friday is National Candy Corn Day. The sugary candy was invented by George Renninger in the 1880s. Usually the candy corn shows up during the Halloween time in its white, orange, and yellow stripes; but candy corn is available during all the holidays.

Elf/The Four Food Groups

“Indian Corn” is available during Thanksgiving in brown, orange, and white. The Christmas variant that is sometimes called “Reindeer Corn” in the colors red and green. There is also candy corn for holidays like Valentine’s Day, Independence Day, and even Easter.

Candy Corn is an acquired taste: some people love it and some people hate it.

For many students at BAHS there are a variety of answers.

“I love candy corn because I love all candy,” said junior Haley McCloskey.

“I don’t like candy corn because I do not like the flavor of it at all,” said freshman Dylan Markel.

Freshman Dan Kustaborder took it a step further.

“I feel that candy corn is an attack on corn. Candy corn is trying to rebel against the standard corn. Nobody is safe,” said Daniel Kustaborder playfully.

If you can’t find anything good about candy corn then think of this: the only good thing in my opinion is that the candy corn is only seven calories.

Join the poll on our homepage and go vote if you like candy corn or not, see what people think.