B-A musicians advance to regionals

Five band members represented Bellwood-Antis at District 6 chorus. Pictured are: front row (l to r): Sarah Knisely and Kyra Woomer; back row (l to r): Band Director Mr. Pat Sachse, Kaitlyn Farber, Logan Morrison, and Kaitlyn Hamer. Farber, Hamer and Knisely each advanced to rebional band.

Jarrett Taneyhill, News Editor

After trying out at PMEA District 6 Band, Bellwood-Antis High School students Kaitlyn Farber, Kyra Woomer, and Sarah Knisely are advancing to regionals.

According to Band Director Mr. Patrick Sachse, the girls have a chance to advance past regionals if they can handle putting in some extra practice.

“They all have potential to make states, but it’s a yearlong practice commitment,” said Sachse.

He explained that the girls will be facing harder music, a larger ensemble, and stronger competition outside of the region.

Region 3 has added counties from the north and east, making it an 11-county region.

The students were excited to advance.

“It’s a good opportunity.  If I practice hard enough I can go to states.   I had an idea I could advance, but it feels good to know for sure,” explains Sarah Knisely.

Good luck to the girls as they try to advance as far as they can!