He is! Penn State!: Cory Parson

College Bound Q&A

Cory Parson

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Parson: Penn State Altoona.

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Parson: I applied to three colleges: Mansfield, Penn state Altoona, and Allegany College of Maryland.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Parson: It’s close to home and has an up-and-coming baseball program that I’d like to be a part of.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Parson: I want to major in Criminal Justice.

I don’t want to be stuck with a regular office job for the rest of my life, and I believe this major will allow me to avoid that.

— Cory Parson

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

Parson: A major in Criminal Justice can lead you to a job that is different and unique. I don’t want to be stuck with a regular office job for the rest of my life, and I believe this major will allow me to avoid that.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Parson: No one will hold my hand in college, not that anyone did during high school, but it was always reassuring knowing teachers were a little more lenient (in some ways) for high school.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Parson: Mostly I’m going to miss my friends. Even though I’m not moving far for college, some of them are and it’s going to be a major difference. However, I’m excited like everyone to start this new chapter in my life.

Penn State Altoona is a division of The State College of Pennsylvania, located on the outskirts of Altoona in Logan Township. This branch college has 20+ degree options, the most popular being Business, Nursing, and Engineering. PSU Altoona is home to nearly 4,000 students that boast 16 teams as an NCAA Division III affiliate. Approximately 80% of PSU Altoona students receive financial aid, with more than $500,000 in upper division scholarships awarded for the fall of 2014.