Nick Perry: H2P

College Bound Q&A

Nick Perry

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Perry: I was accepted into the University of Pittsburgh.

I think college gives students an opportunity to open up and become who they want to be, not who they were defined by in high school.

— Nick Perry

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Perry: I ended up applying to a four colleges: UPJ, IUP, Indiana State University, and PSUA.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Perry: I applied to UPJ because I was able to live away from home, but still visit occasionally. UPJ is also a smaller, more comfortable school.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Perry: Pre-Medical Sciences.

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

Perry: My mom is a nurse and a close family friend is a doctor. The medical field and helping others has always interested me. I’ve had a lot of surgeries and each time I am highly appreciative of the medical staff who take care of me.

I am excited to leave Bellwood-Antis because I would like a change, but at the same time I believe there will be aspects that I miss.

— Nick Perry

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Perry: In college, I will be living on my own (with a roommate) instead of a home with my family. From what I have been told, all of the work in college is your personal responsibility; you don’t have teachers collecting homework and reminding you to get it done. Overall, I think college gives students an opportunity to open up and become who they want to be, not who they were defined by in high school.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Perry: I am excited to leave Bellwood-Antis because I would like a change, but at the same time I believe there will be aspects that I miss. I’ve known the same people since elementary school and that will make leaving tough. However, it is nice to know that I can start over fresh while still having the ability to visit home.

The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, UPJ, is a division of the University of Pittsburgh. It is the largest of the Pitt branch campuses and has around 3,000 students. With 100+ organizations and clubs, the Mountain cats are proud participants of the NCAA Division II and have a 17:1 student to professor ratio; a great advantage for someone looking to attend a smaller campus, with big university connections.