Band and Chorus going to Disney

Julianna Norris

Band and chorus members will be heading to Disney the second week of June.

Leah Farber, Staff Writer

Most people would hate to do school work over the summer, but the Bellwood-Antis band and chorus students are sacrificing part of their summer for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

On June 10-16, the band and chorus students are taking a trip to Walt Disney World. In total, 78 people are going, and out of the 78, 49 band & chorus students are going.

While Ms. Beth Hall, the high school chorus director, says she is not completely ready for Disney, she plans to start having practices this week in preparation of the show her group will put on while there.

Mr. Sachse, the band director, feels the band is very prepared.

“The band is playing music that they already know. I think the band is going to knock it out of the park,” said Mr. Sachse.

The band is planning to perform on Tuesday in Magic Kingdom, while the chorus is performing on Thursday in Disney Springs.

I want to stress that all of this would not be possible if it was not for the help and cooperation of Mr. Sachse, Miss Hull, Mrs. Diamond and BAMBA officers. This was a team effort.

— BAMBA volunteer Jeff Farber

Everyone attending this trip is in store for a fun-filled week! Below is the itinerary that the students will be following for the 7 days they are there:

Monday: Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom (Band Performs in parade)
Wednesday: Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios
Thursday: Epcot & Disney Springs (Chorus Performs at Disney Springs)
Friday: Universal Studios & Depart for Bellwood

Disney Trip BAMBA coordinator Mr. Jeffrey Farber says it was difficult to plan this trip. He says that planning for this trip  started over a year ago.

“It is very time consuming. It takes coordination between a Disney Travel Agent, the band & chorus directors, and the school administration. The toughest part is planning the itinerary to make sure we were in the right place each day. I want to stress that all of this would not be possible if it was not for the help and cooperation of Mr. Sachse, Miss Hull, Mrs. Diamond and BAMBA officers. This was a team effort,” said Mr. Farber.

With many students going on this trip, many of them are super happy to be traveling to Disney.

“I am most looking forward to being able to actually march with the band this time, as last time we went we were unable to march because of the rain,” said senior Kaitlyn Farber.

“I look forward to performing at Disney and listening to what other schools are playing or singing,” said sophomore Joyce Zheng.

Students are able to have a once in a lifetime opportunity, and while the thrill of Disney is enticing, most students are simply looking forward to performing with their friends.

“I love that I have the opportunity to be able to perform with the chorus and band,” said freshman Rushali Patel.