Devils to face Northern Bedford on Homecoming

Ali Wagner

B-A is looking for a win over Northern Bedford on Homecoming.

Corey Johnston, Sports Writer

After coming off yet another win over Mo Valley last Friday, B-A is looking to take on Northern Bedford this Friday on Homecoing.

Last week Bellwood beat Mo Valley 35-12 on the road to improve to 4-1 and 4-0 in the ICC. B-A passed for 217 yards and rushed for 230 yards .

Alex Fredrick has been going off for Bellwood-Antis, leading the team with 60 carries for 359 yards. John Kost and Nick Plank have also been doing well for the Blue Devils, rushing for a combined 338 yards.

I believe we are well prepared for this week’s battle against Northern Bedford and are prepared for whatever comes our way.

— Troy Walker

This week junior Troy Walker will be coming back from a big injury. Walker missed three games with a bruised thigh and is excited to get back out onto the field with his teammates.

“I think this week will be a good game,” Troy said. “I believe we are well prepared for this week’s battle against Northern Bedford and are prepared for whatever comes our way.”

Walker led the team in tackles in the single game he played against Tyrone in B-A’s Backyard Brawl. He had 7 tackles.

“We have been doing very well in practices with all the rain trying to hold us up, but everyone gives their all and gets the job done” said Troy.

Walker said that the team needs to shut down NB’s run game because they are not a passing team, so they need to keep their runs to a minimum and make them throw the ball.

“We need to force them to turn over the ball,” said Walker.

Bellwood is on a four-game winning streak and is looking to continue this streak with a win over Northern Bedford, which is 1-4.

Northern Bedford’s sophomore running rack, Dalton Smith, has carried the ball 83 times for 330 yards so far this season.

Case Donaldson is also a big threat for Northern Bedford at quarterback and wide receiver. He has thrown for almost 200 yards and has had 7 receptions for 120 yards.

Donaldson and sophomore quarterback Thad Leidy have been switching in and out at the position. Leidy has thrown 46 passes for 240 yards.

Coach Nick Lovrich is ready for this Friday’s game and isn’t worried about a sickness going around the school that caused several key players to miss time this week.

“The sickness is just one of those unfortunate things that’s going around the school. It’s not just a football thing, and we are trying to take precautions just like anyone would. We need to be physically healthy as much as we need to be physically ready for the game,” said Coach Lovrich.

The team has had very good practices throughout the week and have watched film on Northern Bedford, Coach Lovrich said. They have also been mentally prepared for the game this week and Coach Lovrich said he cannot express that enough.