B-A kicks off 2022-2023 school year

Jacob Hawn

B-A seniors let loose at the Back to School Bash.

The 2022-2023 school year started off strong for Bellwood-Antis Students. The Back to School Bash has been a B-A tradition for the past few years; it aims to create excitement for the school year, and allows students to have an opportunity to join clubs and become involved. 

This year’s Bash was held on Friday, August 26 during the second half of the school day. 

The Bash takes place during the second half of the first Friday of the school year, just ahead of the annual BackYard Brawl football game against Tyrone. Events in the back to school bash include an activity fair, class meetings, outdoor games like corn hole and Can Jam, and a pep rally for fall sports. 

The pep rally is held at Memorial Stadium and includes every student from Myers through twelfth grade.

Bellwood-Antis principal Mr. Richard Schreier organizes this event every year.

“I think it’s important to have some kind of event to welcome students and establish expectations,” said Mr. Scherier. “It’s a tradition that I’d like to continue. It’s a good chance to get everyone involved.” 

The Renaissance Club is also largely involved in planning the Back to School Bash. 

“This tradition is something that students and staffulty look forward to and helps to show students that there is so much to become involved in at school,” said Mrs. Allison Stinson, Renaissance club advisor. “High school provides so many unique opportunities for students to be involved in… from clubs to activities and sports, students that become involved learn so many skills outside of the classroom.”