B-A alum furthers professional basketball career

Seton Hill Athletic Department

2016 B-A grad Nathan Davis, seen here in his college days at Seton Hill, is entering his second season playing professionally for the McKinnon Cougars in Australia.

Jacob Hawn, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis alumni Nathan Davis has recently signed a contract extension to continue playing professional basketball. 

Davis has played professionally since he graduated from Seton Hill in 2020. After playing multiple years of professional basketball in Europe, he was contacted by the McKinnon Cougars, a team based in Australia. 

During his first campaign with McKinnon, Davis averaged 22.1 points per game in 13 games.

“An opening came up this past May for an important spot (Non-Australian players who are usually Americans) and my friend spoke really well on my behalf and told the coach about me,” says Davis. 

Nathan’s favorite part about playing professionally is being able to make a living while doing something that he truly loves to do. He is also grateful to be able to travel the world and have unique experiences. 

Davis will continue to play for the Cougars, and is currently in his off season. His training consists of six days of skill, strength, and agility. Family time is also a big part of his off-season as well.

Not only is he making an impact in professional basketball, but he is also making an impact at B-A during his off season. When he is home, he works as a substitute teacher. 

“It helps give my days a little more structure while I’m back in town, and it’s awesome to come back and work alongside the amazing teachers that I had in school not too long ago,” says Davis. 

Davis finished his high school career as Blair County’s second all-time leading scorer and the top scorer a Bellwood-Antis with 2,049 points in 4 seasons as a starter. During his senior season he led the Devils to a District 2A championship

Once at Seton Hill Davis quickly became a top scorer in the PSAC and finished with more than 1,700 points. As a senior, he averaged 19.3 points per game. He was an Academic All American and an All PSAC West second team selection.