FEATURED ALUMNI: Travis Luensmann

Facebook photo

2020 B-A grad Travis Luensmann pitched more than 67 innings last season for the Penn State baseball team.

Jayden Bartlebaugh, Staff Writer

After graduating from Bellwood-Antis in 2020, Travis Luensmann would start his baseball career pitching for the University of South Carolina before transferring home to play for PSU in 2022.

While playing for the Gamecocks, Luensmann was competing in one of the top baseball conferences in America in the SEC, but he appeared in only four games as a freshman.

As a Bellwood-Antis athlete, Travis would find his way as a four time all-ICC selection . He was a part of the team in 2018 that advanced to the PIAA semifinals.

Travis is working hard on his studies pursing a major in psychology and a minor in business. Alongside his college career, Travis is working hard for the upcoming baseball season. The Nittany Lions were 26-29 a season ago.

“This is going to be another stepping stone season for us I believe,” Travis said.

Travis has big expectations that the team will win the Big 10 tournament and advance to the College World Series. With several returning players from last year, he hopes they will continue to build a winning competitive culture/program.

Last season, Travis finished with a 4.52 ERA and 67.2 innings pitched.  Batters opposing him had a .252 average and struck out 78 times in the process. His final record ended at 2 wins and 3 loses with 2 saves.

After this season Travis is looking to be drafted this July by a MLB team, and with his 6-foot-6, 240-pound frame it’s a definite possibility. His brother Chad, who pitched at Nebraska, was drafted out of high school in 2015 before opting for the college route. However, Travis has been continuing his studies and expanding his network that way he will have a plan b if baseball doesn’t work out.

We wish Travis luck in his future school and baseball career.