B-A sports round up

Terry McCaulley
The co-op soccer team is in search of its first win.

Boys soccer team building through a rough start

After a difficult start to the season, the Tyrone/Bellwood-Antis co-op soccer team ended a game against Central Cambria in a 1-1 tie at halftime after weather forced the game to end.

Fortunately for the boys, this is the first game that has not ended in a loss. The new date to resume the other half of the game has not yet been announced, but the team expects to come out and get that first W of the season. 

The soccer team’s current record sits at 0-3. In the last 3 games, the boys have been outscored by a total of 20-1.

Senior Conner Bardell remains hopeful about the rest of their season, “Even though we haven’t won yet, you can definitely see all of the improvement we’ve made over the summer,” he said. This outlook stays in line with the team’s goal to win their first game of the year.

Aside from Bardell, other B-A players on the team include Noah Gulvas, Jake Baker, Danial Reilly, Devon Nardelli, Ned Smearman, and Cam Nelson.

Overall, the team plans to hopefully turn their season around, and end the season better than they started.

Volleyball handles Clearfield with ease

Tuesday night the Lady Blue Devils volleyball team swept the Clearfield Bison and improved their record to 5-1. The girls completed the sweep by winning their sets 27-25, 25-20, 25-16.

The team was led by outstanding performances from the Juniors. Addy Turek led the team with 13 kills and added 8 blocks. Also Junior’s Johanna Heckman and Ava Patton played big roles with 10 and 18 digs respectively.

Lastly, Junior Avah Hassler had an all around great game with 12 service points, 5 aces, and 15 assists.

The Lady Blue Devils next game is today against Greater Johnstown, who is coming into the game with an 0-4 record.

Girls Cross Country gets the win over Penns Valley 

The Bellwood-Antis cross country traveled to Penns Valley to open their season Tuesday evening. 

The girls won their matchup with a score of 25-34 over Penns Valley. Freshman, Blake Pennington, finished third for Bellwood-Antis with a time of 23:20. The rest of the top placers for the girls were Rylie Andrews(24:40), Chloe Stotlzfus(25:27), Elliana Patterson(25:30), and Julie Kraft(25:44). 

For the boys team, they lost to the Rams 33-24. Martin Fatzinger also had a third place finish for Bellwood. Martin had a time of 20:41. Along with Martin the other top boys runners for Bellwood were Corry Shanafelt(21:54), Mason Nagle(21:56), Cameron Gallagher(21:57), and Keagan Shanaflet(22:44). 

With the win the girls will start their season 1-0, and the boys start 0-1.