Run-Hide-Fight drill takes place at BAHS/MS
Holiday-ish: National Tortilla Chip day

Holiday-ish: National Tortilla Chip day

February 23, 2024

Mini-THON set to launch March 1

Mini-THON set to launch March 1

February 23, 2024

Holiday-ish: National Banana Bread Day

Holiday-ish: National Banana Bread Day

February 23, 2024

National Honors Society hosts induction

Olivia McCloskey
NHS secretary Carson Gilbert anbd president Hannah McClellan were two students present at the NHS induction ceremony in November.

The National Honors Society Induction for 2023-2024 was held on November 7 at the high school auditorium. The induction introduced 28 new students to the National Honors Society.

New inductees included: Rylie Andrews, Jacob Baker, Matthew Berkowitz, Katharine Bianchini, Briley Campbell, Jacob Caracciolo, Macy Cherry, Leigha Clapper, Zachary Gonzalez, Lilliana Hardman, Avah Hassler, Johanna Heckman, Seth Hollen, Gianna Juart, Abbygail Laird, Trinity Maines, Ryan Marinak, Lily Miller, Jenna Norton, Ava Patton, Cayden Pellegrine, Alexis Schratzmeier, Holden Schreier, Derek Stivers, Tanner Swogger, Addalyn Turek, Mackenzie Weber, and Emily Zacker.

The Induction Ceremony Speakers: Introduction to NHS, Hannah McClellan; Character, Kole Dickinson; Scholarship, Carsyn Gilbert; Leadership, Abi Eckenrod; Service, Miranda Tornatore.

Getting into the Honor Society is more than just grades. Advisor Mrs. Alice Flarend said  student “must also demonstrate commitment to service in school and community, as well as showing leadership. That is a high bar to meet.”

The NHS program empowers and equips students with the knowledge and skills to be transformative leaders in their school, community, and beyond. The National Honor Society has been the true mark of student achievement for over 100 years, but it goes far beyond grades. By empowering, championing, and recognizing well rounded students, NHS provides schools with a values based framework to elevate a culture of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.