Mini-THON pushes through February

Mini-THON+raised+%2424%2C000+in+2019+and+could+be+approaching+those+numbers+this+year+as+well.+
BluePrint file photo
Mini-THON raised $24,000 in 2019 and could be approaching those numbers this year as well.

Through multiple events, Bellwood’s Mini-THON is staying strong in its efforts to conquer childhood cancer.

A recent teacher dress-down day and a stall day for students raised a total of $3,094.75 for the month of February. Money raised will go to Four Diamonds, and their support to helping those who are impacted by childhood cancer.

The results of all of the Mini-THON fundraisers will be revealed Friday at the day-long Mini-THON event to be held at Bellwood-Antis High School. It ends with a dance where the Mini-THON committee will announce its totals.

“The dress down and stall days last week were extremely successful, and we couldn’t be more thankful for your support,” said Mr. Elder, one of the group’s advisors.

For the dress-down day, teachers raised a total of $445.  the high school, the stall day raised a total of $480.20 during first period on Thursday, February 15. The middle school almost doubled this number with a staggering amount of $943.19. However, the Myers Elementary said, “HOLD THE PHONE,” and totaled a number of $1,226.36.

These impressive numbers make Mini-THON’s goal of $20,000 more achievable every day. Advisor Mr. Hallahan said that originally in September, the goal was set to an amount of $5,000, but through several months of donations, this number was raised two other times. The second time a goal was set, it doubled the original number up to $10,000. Not being satisfied with this amount, the Mini-THON committee doubled this number again to the current goal of $20,000.

When asked if this new goal will be hit, Mr. Hallahan said, “Right now, it’s too close to call. I think we’re going to be close, and there’s only one way to see. Everyone needs to go to DonorDrive to make sure that we hit this.”

The Mini-THON event begins in the high school after 3rd lunch. Students who purchased T-Shirts will get in for free, and others who wish to attend can still donate $10 towards conquering childhood cancer.

“Thanks again and FTK,” said Mr. Elder.