Valentine’s Day Sweethearts Dance

On Saturday, February 28 Bellwood-Antis will be holding a Valentine’s Day Sweethearts dance for all high school students. The dance will be held in the high school gym and will be from 6 to 10 P.M.

The dance will be sponsored by the BA AP Lit Club and it will cost ten dollars to attend. Tickets will be sold starting on February 9 through the 28. Tickets will be available at the door for an increased price.

“The Valentine Semi-Formal dance is something I used to hold years ago, through the sophomore class, for all high school students,” said Ms. Trostle. “We have few other formal or semi-formal dances at Bellwood, so I think this is a nice opportunity to have something fun during the winter months. Also, as most ninth and tenth graders are unable to attend the prom, the semi-formal gives the opportunity to dress up and have a fun evening. It should be a great night!”

Students in ninth through twelfth grade are welcome to attend the dance. Students may bring dates, but no one below ninth grade or over the age of twenty is permitted to attend. Recently graduated BAHS alumni or those twenty and under that have graduated from another school are permitted to attend along with ninth through twelfth grade students from other schools as a guest with a BA high school student.

As most ninth and tenth graders are unable to attend the prom, the semi-formal gives the opportunity to dress up and have a fun evening.

— AP Lit Club Advisor Ms. Trostle

Students bringing a guest must get a guest pass from Miss Trostle starting Monday, February 2 for them to attend. Guest passes must be brought back into the office for administrative approval by February 20.

Once students and guests enter the dance they must remain there until 10 P.M. Students may not leave early with or without a driver’s license.

The dance will be semi-formal dress. Females are expected to dress in short dresses, skirts, dress pants, and shirts.  Males are expected to dress in khakis, dress pants, button down shirts, and a tie and jacket are optional. No jeans are permitted.

Refreshments will be provided from Mrs. Reitz’s Home Economics Class and Kermit Foor, a ninth grade student at BAHS, will provide DJ services for the dance.

Manning Photography with have a photo booth available at the dance as well as individual photo packages.