College Corner: Vincent Cacciotti
ARTIST OF THE WEEK: Jayden Bartlebaugh

ARTIST OF THE WEEK: Jayden Bartlebaugh

May 6, 2024

Freshmen kick off annual candy sale

Freshmen kick off annual candy sale

May 6, 2024

High school placed under soft lockdown last week

May 3, 2024

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

After their student teachers departed, Bellwood teachers are excited to get back into the swing of things
Mr. Rawa and Mr. McNaul talk to students during a classroom party to say goodbye to Mr. Rawa. Student teachers at B-A had their last days on Frday.

As their student teachers hit the road at the end of this week, teachers like Mr. Kerry Naylor, Mr. Matthew McNaul, and Mr. Patrick Sachse are ready to get back to teaching their classes.

With the leave of student teacher’s Tyler Bullock, William Rawa, and Jacob Green, Bellwood’s high school teachers have a month left to take back a more active role in their classrooms, and despite the short time period they are excited nonetheless.

“I miss my classes and can’t wait to get back into the set routine of teaching,” commented Naylor. “I normally finish out the year with dystopian stories. I love the material we cover and I’m anxious to get it going with my ninth graders.”

Sasche stated that he was proud to have gotten to know Green and watch him interact with the students, but knew his leaving would be for the better and that he would do great things on his own outside of Bellwood.

Like his fellow teachers, McNaul is ready to return as well. “There’s a lot of topics in this unit on the national government that I like to teach. We will be finishing up with the judicial branch and the court system, and I love the interactions with the students on these topics and look forward presenting this information.”

Some of the teachers also commented on the hard work that comes with mentoring a student teacher. Naylor stated that it isn’t as easy as it sounds, and teachers still have to take active roles in their classrooms as well as balancing mentoring their student teachers.

Many students, like freshman Alex McCartney, are sad to see the student teachers depart.

“I’m pretty sad because Mr. Rawa is basically a friend at this point, and he knows how to relate to us,” McCartney said.

However, others were ready to return to the normalcy of their regular teacher, even if it’s for just one month of school.

“I’m excited because being in their classroom I can learn more with the actual teacher,” said freshman Noah Gulvas.

Even with the harships, the teachers at BAHS have been grateful to have had the opportunity to house Bullock, Rawa, and Green. In the end however, they cannot wait to get their classrooms fully back to kick off the end of the school year.