He is! Penn State!: Revel Southwell

College Bound Q&A

Revel Southwell

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

Southwell: I was accepted at Penn State Altoona.

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

Southwell: I only applied to PSU at Altoona

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

Southwell: I’ve always wanted to go to a Penn State campus. It’s a great college with an outstanding history.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

Southwell: I want to major in history.

I love history. It’s one of the greatest things you could ever learn about, in my opinion.

— Revel Southwell

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

Southwell: I love history. It’s one of the greatest things you could ever learn about, in my opinion. My favorite topic is American History, and I’ve learned a ton from Mr. McMinn.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

Southwell: College is going to be much, much harder- which means I’m going to have to drop my procrastinating ways and really fast. It’ll be time to stop making excuses and actually work.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

Southwell: I’ll definitely miss it. The faculty here are always so willing to help you through anything, which is something I’ll be giving up next year. But on the other hand, it’s been a very long 13 years here.

Penn State Altoona is a division of The State College of Pennsylvania, located on the outskirts of Altoona in Logan Township. This branch college has 20+ degree options, the most popular being Business, Nursing, and Engineering. PSU Altoona is home to nearly 4,000 students that boast 16 teams as an NCAA Division III affiliate. Approximately 80% of PSU Altoona students receive financial aid, with more than $500,000 in upper division scholarships awarded for the of fall 2014