He is! Penn State!: Noah D’Angelo

College Bound Q&A

Noah D’Angelo

BluePrint: What college were you accepted into?

D’Angelo: I’ll be going to Penn State Altoona this fall.

I thank Bellwood-Antis for all the great memories, but it’s time to make some new ones.

— Noah D'Angelo

BluePrint: How many colleges did you apply to?

D’Angelo: I applied to Mt. Aloysius, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, University of Pittsburgh main campus, Penn State Altoona, and Penn State at main; five in all.

BluePrint: What made you apply to this specific college?

D’Angelo: Penn State Altoona has small class sizes, great educators, and will save me money since I’m going to commute.

BluePrint: What are you planning on majoring in?

D’Angelo: I want to major in Anesthesiology.

I enjoy the medical field a lot. It’s a very interesting field to get into.

— Noah D'Angelo

BluePrint: What made you choose this specific major?

D’Angelo: I enjoy the medical field a lot. It’s a very interesting field to get into. There is always room to improve in the medical field and it pays very well for the education it requires.

BluePrint: What do you think will be some of the major differences between college and high school?

D’Angelo: The pace at which we learn will be a big transition. College learning is more individualized and at a faster pace and that is going to take some getting used to. I’ll also have to start taking studying more seriously.

BluePrint: What are your feelings on moving on from Bellwood-Antis High School?

D’Angelo: I’m going through a period of nostalgia right now. I’m going to miss high school: the athletics, academics, and even most of the teachers. I’ll get over it soon, though, because it’s time to grow up and experience life. I thank Bellwood-Antis for all the great memories, but it’s time to make some new ones.

Penn State Altoona is a division of The State College of Pennsylvania, located on the outskirts of Altoona in Logan Township.  This branch college has 20+ degree options, the most popular being Business, Nursing, and Engineering. PSU Altoona is home to nearly 4,000 students that boast 16 teams as an NCAA Division III affiliate. Approximately 80% of PSU Altoona students receive financial aid, with more than $500,000 in upper division scholarships awarded during the fall of 2014.