Fab Freshman: Chance Schreier

The move from middle school to high school has been a smooth one for freshman Chance Schreier.

This week’s Fab Freshman is Chance Schreier! Yes, that last name should look familiar because his dad is the high school principal and a football coach at Bellwood-Antis.

Despite Chance’s dad being his new principal, this school year has been pretty normal for him so far. 

Chance said, “I see him about as much as I did in middle school.” 

Football is a passion that Chance and Mr. Schreier have in common, and Chance is now on varsity where Mr. Schreier is a coach; however, Chance isn’t singled out in any way. 

“So far playing this season has been the same as it has been playing for the past five years,” Chance explained. 

With his dad being in such a high position at Bellwood, you may think that Chance feels some extra pressure, but that is not the case for him. Chance said he feels he has been treated the same as every other student and player this year. 

Transitioning from middle school to high school is usually stressful for students, but so far Chance is having a good high school experience. 

He explained that “the transition wasn’t as bad as I expected, all my teachers are really nice.” 

One big change from middle school to high school is that in high school, you get to pick your classes to a certain degree, and that is what Chance is most excited about. 

“I am so excited to have complete control over my schedule,” he explained. 

Chance Schreier is ready and excited to make the best of his high school experience.