Artist of the Week: Kimmy Bennett

The Blueprint’s Artist of the Week is Kimmy Bennett. Kimmy is a high school freshman and she loves to sing. She brings out her passion for singing in the high school chorus. 

BLUEPRINT: “What made you want to start singing?”

Kimmy Bennett: “What made me start singing was my sister. I was always around her when she was singing and so it inspired me to start.”

BLUEPRINT: “Who inspired you to start singing?”

Kimmy Bennett: “Like I said, my sister inspired me to start singing because she was always singing and I wanted to learn how to.”

BLUEPRINT:”What do you enjoy about singing?”

Kimmy Bennett: “I love being able to continually work on something because with singing there is no perfect way of doing it, there is something you can always work on.”

BLUEPRINT: “What skills have you learned while singing?”

Kimmy Bennett: “I have learned about what my range is and how much I can control my voice. I was self taught for awhile and then I started in chorus so I started getting lessons from my 

BLUEPRINT: “How did you learn to sing?”

Kimmy Bennett: “I was self taught for awhile and then I started in chorus so I started getting lessons from my teacher.”

“Kimmy is a very gifted soprano,” said Choir Teacher Beth Hull, “She is a dedicated student and musician.” Ms. Beth Hull also said: “It is always easy for me to ask her to provide a positive and fine example of a vocalist and ensemble member. I can always count on Kimmy to be one of the ‘core members’ of any production that she is a part of.”