BAHS yearbook staff gets annual memento out to student body

Ireland Cherry

Mr. Rhone was one of the two teacher dedications for the 2022 Tuckahoe yearbook.

The annual Tuckahoe yearbook assembly took place on Friday, with seniors the first students to get a look at the publication before being whisked away to a breakfast in their honor.

The Tuckahoe was dedicated this year to teachers Ms. Valerie Harris and Mr. Gary Rhone. Ms. Harris is B-A’s home economics teacher, while Mr. Rhone teaches World Cultures.

The yearbook staff also honored selected “staffulty” with pages in the yearbook and presentations at the assembly. This included special education aide Mrs. April Cramer. Both Mrs. Sally Padula and Mrs. Luann Shoop were recognized for a pair of special careers coming to a close. Both ladies will retire at the end of this school year.

Prior to the dedications and yearbooks distributions, a number of B-A students were presented with awards for accomplishments throughout the year. Corrigan Shanafelt, Chance Schreier, Allison Partner, Lexi Lovrich, Aarron Laird, Connor Gibbons, Lydia Worthing, Sean Mallon, and Gavin Ridgway were all honored as tri-athletes. Julius Diossa, Jack Luensmann, Cooper Guyer, Tyler Mercer, Zach Pellegrine, and Aaron Laird were recognized as BluePrint seniors who helped earn the online newspaper its eighth consecutive SNO Distringuished Site award.

Other awards included the Marine Awards, presented to:

• Scholastic Excellence- Brandon Cherry
  • Distinguished Athlete- Cooper Keen and Anna Lovrich
  • Semper Fidelis (Music)- Sarah Berkowitz

Challenge Award winners also were recognized:

Attendance – Jonathan Frank

Academic Excellence – Brandon Cherry

Community Service – Dailyn Hampton

STEM – Caden Noel

Academic Improvement – Crisinda Miller

Seniors were the first to receive their yearbooks before being dismissed to the senior breakfast, where they were able to relax, eat, and have classmates sign their books.

Freshman, sophomore and juniors received their yearbooks throughout the remainder of the day.