High school placed under soft lockdown last week
J Squared podcast episode 7: Mr. Martin

J Squared podcast episode 7: Mr. Martin

May 3, 2024

Shura family selling shirts to fight against cancer

May 3, 2024

J Squared podcast episode 5: Mrs. Flarend

May 3, 2024

Blue Devils more than ready for Backyard Brawl

Blue+Devils+taking+the+field.+
Morgan Kienzle
Blue Devils taking the field.

Tonight, the Blue Devils will take on the Tyrone Golden Eagles at Tyrone in the Backyard Brawl. Both teams are coming off a loss from last Friday. Bellwood suffered a 42-21 loss against the Central Dragons, while Tyrone lost to Bald Eagle with a final score of 41-22.

Every year, The Blue Devils and Golden Eagles go head-to-head to kick off the season; however, this year, due to a conference change, this is a mid-season game for both teams. This is always such an exciting game, and it seems like many people are very ready for it.

Coach Lovrich said, “With it being a different time this year, that makes it a little different. The buildup is part of the fun. Just the rivalry between us and Tyrone, there’s lots of friendships and lots of family members who are on both sides of the fence. So, it’s a real sense of community,” and he added, “We’re so similar in what we do. We both have the same types of kids. Our fans are very loyal, and Friday night lights are special in this area.”

Last Year the Devils fell short to Tyrone 27-12. This year, they are looking to turn that score around and win the Backyard Brawl trophy.