Lady Devils defeat the Dragons

Morgan Kienzle
Chloe Hammond led the Lady Devils with 16 in a close win over Central.

On Wednesday, the Bellwood-Antis Lady Devils defeated the Central Lady Dragons 42-35 at the BAHS gymnasium.

Bellwood got off to a hot start, burying 4 threes and scoring a total of 19 points in the first quarter.

In the second quarter, the Lady Devils cooled off and now it was Central that was making a run. Bellwood was outscored in the quarter 12-8, and would go into halftime holding on to a 27-19 lead.

In the second half, the scoring slowed, and the game became more of a defensive battle. Central took the third quarter 11-9, as they entered the fourth quarter only trailing the Lady Devils by 6.

For the rest of the game, the scoring was limited, as the teams combined for 11 points scored in the fourth. Looking to seal the game, the Lady Blue Devils were able to get a huge and-one layup from Lainey Quick, which sealed the game for Bellwood.

Chloe Hammond was the leading scorer for B-A. She was able to hit 4 threes, ending up with a total of 16 points on the night. Quick and Gerwert each had 9 to round out the scoring for the Lady Devils.

The Lady Blue Devil’s game against Forest Hills scheduled for Friday has been postponed, so their next matchup will be against the same Central team, but this time they will be going to Martinsburg.