Devils stay on the road in attempt to stay unbeaten

Zach Miller

Zach Pelegrine and the Blue Devils look to remain undefeated tomorrow against West Branch.

Jake Bollinger, Editor In Chief

This week the Blue Devils travel to West Branch for an ICC matchup against the Warriors. 

Last week the boys pummeled the Williamsburg Blue Pirates with 35 unanswered points to bring home the 35-6 win. 

BluePrint Sports

West Branch has a strong passing game, with freshman quarterback completing Tyler Biggans 17 of 39 with 369 yards and 5 TD’s in the first four games. The Blue Devils have yet to play a team with a strong passing game, but a tough Blue Devils defense has proven key in previous weeks. 

In just four games the Blue Devils defense has 7 sacks, 3 interceptions, and is averaging 46 tackles a game. 

« Our defense has done a great job this year, » said head coach Nick Lovrich. « Our line continues to bring the pressure each week, and our backs do a great job at containing the receivers. »

The offense has also put up big numbers with 1,306 rushing yards, 236 receiving yards, and an average of 385 yards a game. Senior Zach Mallon is the leading rusher for B-A with 535 rushing yards on the season, averaging 133 yards per game. 

Zach is just 261 yards away from 1,000 all purpose yards on the season and a run through the playoffs could get him to a second straight 1,000-yard rushing season.

The Devils are currently tied atop the District 6 2A standings with Southern Huntingdon and looking to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Eight teams from 2A qualify for the tournament, which begins in two weeks.

Each player has received two ticket vouchers for tomorrow’s game, well within the 25% capacity limit for outdoor events that Governor Wolf has put in place as part of a COVID-19 prevention plan.

The game will also be streamed on the schools YouTube channel.