Run-Hide-Fight drill takes place at BAHS/MS
Holiday-ish: National Tortilla Chip day

Holiday-ish: National Tortilla Chip day

February 23, 2024

Mini-THON set to launch March 1

Mini-THON set to launch March 1

February 23, 2024

Holiday-ish: National Banana Bread Day

Holiday-ish: National Banana Bread Day

February 23, 2024

ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Spencer Dunklebarger

Terry McCaulley
Spencer Dunklebarger is wrapping up a successful career swimming at Tyrone. He was recently recognized on the team’s Senior Night.

The B-A Blueprint Athlete of the Week this week is senior, swimmer, Spencer Dunklebarger. He has been having a great season up to this point, being one of the top swimmers on the team.

Spencer first began to swim competitively at 15 when he joined the Tyrone/Bellwood-Antis swim team. He says, “I decided to join the swim team because I like to see how far I can push myself.”

The events that Dunklebarger competes in is the 100-meter freestyle and the 100-meter breaststroke.

In one of his recent meets against Cambria Heights, Spencer took first place in every event that he swam in, and helped his team win the meet 100-52. He had a time of 52.14 in freestyle and 1.11.39 in breaststroke. His personal best times on the year in those events are 51.72 and 1.10.03.

Spencer has a goal of getting his freestyle time down to 50.7. Getting this time is important to him because Spencer has a goal to be a part of the Coast Guard Academy swim team, and in order to get recruited by them he would need a 50.7 100m free time.

Spencer has found his passion and a sense of belonging in the swim team.

“My favorite part about being on the swim team is the sense of closeness I get from my teammates,” Spencer said. “The Swim team has been the only high school team that I feel has truly accepted me for who I am.”

Congratulations to Spencer on being the Athlete of the Week!