Priced out of playing
BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

April 26, 2024

Student teacher support program launches in Pennsylvania

April 26, 2024

Featured Alumni: Sidney Patterson

Featured Alumni: Sidney Patterson

April 26, 2024

ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Spencer Dunklebarger

Terry McCaulley
Spencer Dunklebarger is wrapping up a successful career swimming at Tyrone. He was recently recognized on the team’s Senior Night.

The B-A Blueprint Athlete of the Week this week is senior, swimmer, Spencer Dunklebarger. He has been having a great season up to this point, being one of the top swimmers on the team.

Spencer first began to swim competitively at 15 when he joined the Tyrone/Bellwood-Antis swim team. He says, “I decided to join the swim team because I like to see how far I can push myself.”

The events that Dunklebarger competes in is the 100-meter freestyle and the 100-meter breaststroke.

In one of his recent meets against Cambria Heights, Spencer took first place in every event that he swam in, and helped his team win the meet 100-52. He had a time of 52.14 in freestyle and 1.11.39 in breaststroke. His personal best times on the year in those events are 51.72 and 1.10.03.

Spencer has a goal of getting his freestyle time down to 50.7. Getting this time is important to him because Spencer has a goal to be a part of the Coast Guard Academy swim team, and in order to get recruited by them he would need a 50.7 100m free time.

Spencer has found his passion and a sense of belonging in the swim team.

“My favorite part about being on the swim team is the sense of closeness I get from my teammates,” Spencer said. “The Swim team has been the only high school team that I feel has truly accepted me for who I am.”

Congratulations to Spencer on being the Athlete of the Week!