Season preview: Girls softball

BluePrint file photo
The B-A softball team in 2023 had only 1 victory, but the Lady Devils are hoping to make vast improvement this season.

The Lady Blue Devils softball team is looking to pull off a couple more wins this year. Last year they ended the season with a sad record of 1-15,  their only win coming against Williamsburg.

However,  that team only lost one senior, so there will be a lot of returning talent.  Last season, the team only had one pitcher, which was a big cause of the disappointing record.

In 2024, the Lady Devils have added freshman Palynn Gregg, another pitcher who  will hopefully help to shape up the season. Gregg should get most of the innings on the rubber and has a strong background as a junior high and summer travel ball pitcher.

The Lady Blue Devils have four seniors, including Lainey Quick, Kat Garman, Kailynn Hinish, and Cami Focht.

Lainey Quick says, “With the addition of an experienced pitcher and a few returning letter winners, we are hoping to gain some wins this season. We started open gyms in January and had really good numbers at each workout. The team has been working hard and is hoping to see our work pay off on the field.”

Head coach Heather Quick says it will be a matter of putting the right players in the right spots.

We have a small squad this year, so it will be a matter of getting them in the best positions to make us the strongest team possible,” Coach Quick said.

The team’s first game of the season will be away next Tuesday, March 19 against Holidaysburg.  Good luck to the Lady Blue Devils!