ARTIST OF THE WEEK: Vincent Daughenbaugh

Kate Wallace
The artist of the week is Vincent Daughenbaugh!

This week’s artist of the week is Vincent Daughenbaugh, who has done great work in Mrs. McNaul’s 1st period traditional crafts and graphic design class.

Vincent is a junior and partakes in CTC during school, and on his own time he enjoys riding his bike, four wheeler, playing basketball, football, creating digital art, and hanging out with friends.

Vincent’s unfinished mosaic for his 1st period class (Kate Wallace)

For his current art project, students in his class picked a design to create a mosaic from stained glass. Students have spent the past weeks cutting, grinding, breaking, and gluing down pieces of glass to plywood to fit the shape of their design. They will later pour grout in between the pieces to finish the work.

“It’s pretty fun,” commented Vincent on his progress.

Before his mosaic, Vincent worked on a batik piece. This is a design on fabric made by dyes and molten wax, which keeps the dyes from spreading out of their designated areas. Both designs Vincent have worked on this year were dogs, one of his favorite animals.

Vincent’s favorite aspect of making art is that he is able to have a good time while doing it, and is motivated by the fun in making it.

Vincent advises other students who want to participate in art to always keep learning, “Just come and ask Mrs. Mcnaul for help.”

After high school, Vincent plans to gain a higher level of education and work in a junk yard. Good luck Vincent!